Rather than have a lie in and get the speakers bus to the conference, on day two I got up early and had a little mini-tour of Barcelona taking in the stunning Sagrada Familia Cathederal as the sun came up. Then it was back on the metro so I could arrive with minutes to spare for the start of day two.
|Slightly over budget and a tiny bit late - but it isn't looking too bad ;)|
|Stats on European construction|
|Incredible roof design|
Sponsor's Roca talked about their BIM journey and the importance for manufacturers to deliver BIM objects to specifiers. Miguel Angel Heras gave three tips for manufacturers:
- Try and deliver content from a single source - however syndicate it on other websites to maximise exposure
- Take responsibility for the information within the objects - this is your technical information and you have a responsibility to customers to get it right and maintain it
- Interact with your customers - encourage communication and offer support on technical design decisions
|A light-hearted look at how 'digital' is changing the bathroom sector.|
|Feel sorry for the Geordie-to-Spanish translator having to communicate what this guy was saying!|
|What the clear objectives of the HM Government strategy are|
|The NBS definition bandings for level of detail and information|
|How the free-to-use NBS National BIM Library helps projects with concept, generic and manufacturer objects|
|Free-to-use and premium tools from NBS to support the UK in their BIM journey|
- The UK Government level-2 BIM package:
- All of the technical concepts behind the free-to-use BIM Toolkit:
- An introduction to the free-to-use National BIM Library:
- More on the full NBS BIM ecosystem:
Finally, the twitter debate on the #BIMSummit16 hashtag was pretty lively. It was lovely to return to the seat after presenting and see some nice comments...
It is fantastic to see that there can be 400+ delegates now at a conference and then many more watching it on live streams and also interacting on twitter. I particularly liked the following tweet showing an architectural practice in Spain sitting around the live video stream watching the event...
|Watching and interacting with the conference over the web|
...and then it was back home to England on the early Friday evening plane...
|The Columbus Monument|
|Sunrise at Sagrada Familia, Sunset on the airplane|