With this in mind, it was fantastic to see an email pointing out one example of how the NBS Periodic Table of BIM was being used to help inform the industry about the subject.
The following video shows Berian Davies from BAM Group Ireland deliver an introduction to BIM using the NBS Periodic Table as the structure of the session:
Other free resources you may want to explore include:
- The NBS National BIM Library - standardised generic and manufacturer BIM objects
- The NBS BIM Toolkit - define who is doing what and when on your BIM projects
- The various NBS plug-ins for BIM design tools - Revit, ArchiCAD, Vectorworks...
The NBS BIM Object Standard - A collection of standard requirements and associated guidance to create BIM objects to
- The RIBA Plan of Work Toolbox - Template schedule of services and design responsibility matrix
- The RIBA Product Selector - Tens of thousands of product catalogues and specifications
Hopefully, a few of these help with your daily project work. It's great to see professionals making use of these when I am out and about (and of course, occasionally on youtube!).