Some interesting findings:
- 1/2 of users are using RIBA POW 2013 on at least one project
- 2/3 believe that the brief is the first stage of specification development
- nearly 80% reuse old specifications
- 1/4 still mark up a paper copy
- The biggest cause of difficulties is "the drawings and spec contradicting each other"
- 95% agree that "there should be a direct link between specifications and drawings"
- 94% now believe that in the future specifications will be distributed digitally only
...and in addition to the analysis, also some very good articles.
- An insight into specification future from our CEO Richard Waterhouse (@rpwaterhouse)
- Some thoughts from specification expert Andy Jobling from Levitt Bernstein
- Specifications through the project lifetime from our Content Development manager John Gelder (@JohnGelderNBS)
- Thoughts on how specification is taught from Architectural Technology student Elisabeth Matuki, graduate Alex Nesbitt and Nick Ivill.
So download your free copy from...