Wednesday 30 January 2013

1,000

Re: https://twitter.com/StephenHamilNBS
Delivering fantastic insight and commentary to the Twitter community
Today I received my 1,000th Twitter follower.

Just over a year ago I had resisted the pull of Twitter. I didn't see where it fitted in between Linkedin and Facebook.

LinkedIn was clearly for your professional CV, connections and sharing information...

Facebook was for keeping in touch with friends and posting embarrassing photographs that you wouldn't really want anyone else to see...

So where did Twitter fit into all of this?

I guess the great thing about Twitter is that it can be about anything you want it to be. A staggeringly large public message board that you filter as you like. "Show me the tweets that just my contacts have posted", "Show me just the tweets that anyone has posted on this conference", "Does anyone else in the country think this chap on Newsnight is an idiot?".

And then underneath the sharing of information there is the building up of connections and getting to know people who work in the same industry as you.

Anyway - I think it is safe to say that I like the whole Social Media revolution, but I'm no expert by any means - anyone wanting to browse around some good blogs on Social Media and Construction - check out the blogs below:

No comments:

Post a Comment