Thursday 29 March 2012

Back to School

I had a holiday from proper work yesterday...

...spent doing BIM.

I had been asked to be an external supervisor on the Construction Engineering Masters Programme at the Cambridge University Laing O'Rourke Centre for Construction Engineering and Technology. So I spent a few hours discussing BIM and how it's transforming the construction industry. The rest of the time I spent taking it easy in the Cambridge University Botanic Garden in the sunshine.

The last time I was at Cambridge was coincidently at the same engineering department as a 6th form student back in 1992 - a residential week trying to persuade students to enter the construction industry. So nice to return to twenty years later.
Botanic Garden #1

Botanic Garden #2

Botanic Garden #3


Class of 1907 - wonder what these guys went on to build?

No comments:

Post a Comment