In preparation for the event I tried to think of the top ten questions surrounding BIM and answer them. The questions I came up with were:
- What is BIM?
- Who owns the BIM?
- Who will make the most money out of BIM?
- What are the legal implications of BIM?
- Is the UK falling behind the rest of the world on BIM?
- How should industry help BIM adoption happen smoothly in the UK?
- Is there a single BIM or many BIMs?
- Is affordability an issue and how can smaller practices be persuaded that BIM is a worthwhile investment?
- How do master specification systems fit into BIM?
- How do cash and carbon fit into BIM?
I’ll write up what I believe the answers to the above questions are and post in the next week. If anyone would like to answer them from their point of view, please feel free to comment.