Tuesday 2 March 2010

Research into Reinforced Concrete Beam-Column Connections

Since I have started this blog there have been one or two emails asking about my "previous life" studying for a PhD between 1996 and 1999.

I've dusted off my old MS Word files and exported a few of them to PDF.

Selected chapters from my PhD:
Papers that were published:
And a couple of photographs:

The test rig with specimen ready - I think I made and destroyed around 70 of these!

A close up shot of a shear failure

Note that a full copy of the PhD can be obtained through the Inter-Library-Loans system. My supervisor Dr Richard Scott's web page is:

1 comment:

  1. Stephen, sincere thanks for responding to my inquiry and posting this material online -- extremely helpful for my research and literature search. Chapter 5 on FEA is my primary interest and I may have to ultimately obtain the full copy via loan as I progress in my studies. At any rate, thanks for your time and best regards.

    ReplyDelete